What To Look For When Hiring Air Conditioning Repair Companies
Finding a qualified and experienced technician to install or repair an air conditioning unit can be a daunting task. This is because most of these technicians are not trained professionally; neither do they have what it takes to handle HVAC systems out there. The only way you can however protect yourself (and the equipment) from untrained technicians is by using an air conditioning repair company. One of the key advantages of hiring an AC repair company is the fact that, they are licensed and only hire well trained and professional technicians. A little window-shopping is however needed to find the best company for the job.
Several factors need/should be considered before making the hire. Some of the most important factors to consider when looking for an air conditioning repair companies to hire include:
1. Check with Better Business Bureau (BBB): Some of the best businesses in the industry are listed under BBB; which makes it the first stop-over when shopping for an electrical repair company. The company you wish to hire should, however, have a rating of at least an A. Most A-rated companies have a company profile on Better Business Bureau, meaning you can always log in to see the company’s accreditations and achievements. You also need to look for companies associated with other bodies such as the National Air Conditioning Contractors of America among others.
2. Certifications and License: The air conditioning repair company also needs to be licensed and with the required certifications from the local government or training institute. With many of these companies having an online presence, obtaining a copy of the business’s license number and certifications should be easy. You can either ask for it directly from their support or just see their portfolio.
3. Insurance: Air conditioning repair and servicing is a risk task which can result in injuries or even the systems blowing up. The only way to protect yourself from liabilities (injury related) or even damage to your equipment is by ensuring the technicians have an insurance cover. The insurance policy should also cover items or appliances being repairs as well. Should any of the technicians be injured while in your house/property, all medical bills, and expenses incured should be covered by the insurance policy provider.
4. Service Guarantee and Company Policies: The other way you can protect yourself from suspicious repair companies and technicians is by looking into the fine print. It is by reading through the fine print that you can get to know the company policies, hence determine whether to use their services or not. This is because many companies won’t provide a service guarantee, or may not even be liable should your equipment be destroyed (by one of their technicians).
5. Availability and Cost: Nothing frustrates more than a broken air conditioner in summer when temperatures are at a record high. Finding an emergency air conditioning technician can also be tasking especially in summer when their services are in high demand. Checking to ensure the repair company offers emergency services, and what their rates are is therefore recommended. You may also need to test the technicians’ availability, and their turnarounds to avoid disappointments.
It would also be a wise idea to discuss costs with the company representatives before getting into a contract with them. Although some companies may be out there to extort you, you shouldn’t go for a cheap one. Many low-cost providers offer questionable services, with the risk of damaging your AC profound.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Air Conditioning Repair Companies
1. Professional Service: While almost anyone can diagnose and correct simple air conditioning problems, professional technicians can troubleshoot the entire system to identify the root cause of the problem. In addition to this, these professionals can provide a service guarantee for the same.
2. Regular Maintenance: Most air conditioning units break down simply because they have been neglected for quite some time, and not serviced regularly. Nonetheless, having your HVAC systems serviced regularly not only prevents breakdowns but also elongates the system’s lifespan. Some of the best repair companies provide regular servicing packages, which helps ensure your systems are well maintained and serviced regularly.
3. Cost efficiency: Long-term costs of using air conditioning repair companies are significantly much lower than trying to fix the equipment yourself, or hiring any other technician you can find. These technicians not only restore normal functioning of the systems but also gives you value for your money.
Having a professional service or repair your HVAC systems is mostly recommended as it not only protects your equipment but also saves you from frustrations in the future. It would also be a wise idea to keep their contacts for future use or references.
You Need To Have The Best AC Repair Company In Your Contacts!
Owning residential and commercial properties entail many responsibilities, including ensuring that utility and temperature control services are properly maintained and functioning throughout the year. Whether for your home or an office building rental property on the other side of town, you need to know that you have the best AC repair company figured out so you can contact them whenever the need arises.
Although you should always have your air conditioning system checked out before the weather becomes hot, things can still malfunction with them from time to time. In some cases, people find that a newer unit quits working due to some minor trouble that may have been discovered during a routine spring weather maintenance check.
Even with regular maintenance performed on your heating and cooling systems, things can still break once in a while. No matter what the situation, you should have someone in your contacts list that you can call immediately.
Just as you should have an electrician, plumber and roofer in your list, you need reliable subcontractors who specialize as an AC repair company or one dealing in heating and air conditioning. Otherwise, when an emergency situation strikes, you will waste valuable time doing research that could have been completed before.
No matter the reason that you are searching for the companies, there are a few steps that you can take to reduce your risk of hiring someone who cannot complete the job properly.
First of all, you should find out what the specific requirements are governing where you live and the operation of a repair business. You may need to check state and local laws and guidelines. Any contractor you discover who does not meet and exceed these restrictions should be cut from the list of names you found online.
You should also check the websites for each of the air conditioning repair service companies that are on the list. Find out exactly how many years they have been opened and the size and scope of the company. Pay attention to their about us page.
Another thing you will need to check is the reputation of each of the businesses. Start with the Better Business Bureau in your city. This agency can provide some information regarding complaints and how disputes have been settled.
Online review websites is another avenue to investigate when determining the reputation of virtually any website. You should make sure that it is truly independently owned. Unfortunately, some companies purchase into websites that only show positive material about those who pay in. These are sometimes difficult to detect if you don’t look around carefully.
It is important that you find unfiltered reviews of the AC repair company members on your list. You should read both positive and negative remarks to be sure you understand the ratings. Sometimes, consumers leave ratings for businesses that have little to do with the services received. For instance, if someone was mad that their air conditioner broke down in the middle of a party, they may leave a bad rating for the repair company that wasn’t even contacted until the following day!
Before you call those companies that still remain on your list, you should gather the information you can regarding your air conditioning unit. Write down the name of the manufacturer and the model name. Look for the serial number and related information, such as remarks about a special series.
The reason you want this data is to be sure the company is familiar with your unit. When you call each of them, tell them the specifics regarding your unit along with the problems you are experiencing. Ask if they can provide you with a free, itemized written estimate regarding what services will cost you.
In most cases, it will seem pretty apparent which one of the companies you should go with. For instance, if one of them has the best price and customer service, they are the obvious choice. Weigh all of the factors involved when you decide which one of the AC repair companies on your list is the right one to help you out with this repair and possibly future jobs as well.
Picking The Best AC Companies For AC repairs
When your Ac needs repair or even replacement, you might be tempted to jump into the local directory or the web and contact the first HVAC repair company that promises to be there TODAY! Well, this method of picking a repair company while under pressure is more often than not a disaster for the homeowner.
When choosing an HVAC contractor, there are far more crucial questions that need to be answered other than when they can arrive! I am not saying that prompt service is not necessary, especially when you are hot or cold just because the AC isn’t running optimally, but choosing a company using this basis can end up costing you a lot in the long haul.
So, how to you exactly know if you have selected a quality AC repair company? Well, it certainly starts with a phone call, but things don’t end there:
Here are a couple of things to consider when choosing between a myriad of AC companies:
First and foremost, check their ratings and reputation. Google is a good place to start, as it will give you access to reviews, ratings and other relevant information with regards to the AC repair company in question.
When you contact a potential contractor, do they answer the call promptly and professionally? If not, you might want to consider another company as non-professionalism is usually a red flag, especially in the HVAC business. Ideally, if you are calling during after hours, how long does it take for them to address your concern and give you a time frame on when they will arrive at your residential place? A reputable and reliable HVAC repair company will provide you with a clear schedule for their services and give you a confirmation call one a technician is sent to your location. This shows courtesy, reliability, professionalism and convenience.
The HVAC business can be rather complex and so, the technician can take longer on a call than you expected. Well, a reputable contractor will respect your valuable time and give you regular updates so that you don not wait unnecessarily for a person to show up while you could be attending to more productive tasks.
When The Repair Technician Arrives:
Is he or she prompt and on time? If not, did they call you or had someone at the office to inform you that they will be late? As earlier mentioned, time is valuable, and all professional AC companies will respect your time.
What Is Their Appearance?
Are they neat and professional? A reputed technician should be in a neat uniform that demonstrates their professionalism to detail.
Are They Polite?
The manner in which the technician talks to you matters a lot. As such, a professional contractor should be polite from the start and portray professionalism during the course of the work. Ideally, they should take the first few minutes to discuss with your about the AC issue. An expert will ask probing questions regarding the AC system and will pay close attention to your answers. A trained and qualified contractor knows the essence of listening to a customer as they are able to make a correct diagnosis and even be aware of other system problems that they might otherwise miss. If a technician is not attentive to your answers or even attends to the system without even asking questions, then you might be looking at a bigger AC problem in the future.
When the diagnosis or the repair job is complete, does the technician demonstrate the deficiency or the problem? Or do they just calculate the costs and leave? A true professional will show you the necessity of the repair, the exact problem and even how to avoid it’s reoccurrence in the future.
Finally, does the technician seek your approval before performing any task that would reflect an increase in the repair fee? No work should be done without your permission.
If you use this brief guide when picking a contractor, then you should have a problem finding the right one among the many AC companies in your region. Additionally, you are assured that you won’t be disappointed with their services, and the Ac system will be running optimally in no time. So, the next time you have an AC problem, you might want to avoid calling the first guy in the first advert you come across.